Here’s a 3 tier heart cake covered with candies that kids will love for Valentines Day – or a centerpiece for your Valentines Day party.
- 1 bag M&M’S Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for Valentine’s Day
- 2 16-ounce boxes pound cake mix*
- 2 16-ounce cans vanilla frosting, divided
- Red food coloring
- 1 9 x 13-inch pan
- Resealable plastic bag
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Prepare both cake mixes according to package directions. Pour batters into prepared baking pan, and bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, transfer to wire rack, and let cool completely. *For easy cutting, make cake a day before, or place cooled cake in freezer for an hour before cutting. Arrange all three sizes of printed heart templates on cake, and cut out 1 cake of each size. If tops of cakes are slightly rounded, trim so they are flat!
- Using red food coloring, tint 1 can vanilla frosting light pink. Spoon 1/2 cup remaining vanilla frosting into resealable plastic bag; set aside.
- Cover largest and smallest heart cakes with pink frosting; set aside. Cover remaining heart cake with vanilla frosting. Place cakes in freezer 15 minutes before assembling.
- Place largest heart cake on serving platter. Top in center with remaining heart cakes. Arrange red M&M’S on outer edges of each cake.
Snip a corner of resealable plastic bag, and randomly pipe dots of frosting all over cakes. Then, place an M&M on top of dot.
M&Ms Seasonal Brands via Family Features