First, a few peanut butter facts to make you feel good about your love for peanut butter.
Peanut butter isn’t just a comfort food. The USDA recommends it to meet our nutrition needs too.
Just one serving of natural peanut butter – 2 tablespoons – provides:
- Eight grams of protein
- Two grams of fiber
- Ten percent of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Reference Daily Intake (RDI) of vitamin E and 12 percent of the RDI of magnesium
- Zero grams of cholesterol
- Zero grams of trans-fats per serving
Fast, easy ways to enjoy Peanut Butter, besides directly from the spoon:
- Get creative with a peanut butter sandwich and add ingredients like shredded coconut, honey, chopped apples, shredded carrots or diced celery.
- Combine peanut butter with high-fiber foods like whole grain bread, or banana and apple slices for a satisfying snack.
- Keep a jar handy at work or in the gym bag to curb hunger pangs. (You can use a spoon with this one. . .)