Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
- 1 cup Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (about 1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bunches green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces (white parts only)
- 30 (4-inch) skewers
- PLACE pumpkin, evaporated milk, peanut butter, chopped green onions, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and cayenne pepper in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Combine 1/2 cup pumpkin mixture and chicken in medium bowl; cover. Marinate in refrigerator, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
- ALTERNATELY thread chicken, bell peppers and green onion pieces onto skewers. Discard any remaining marinade. Grill or broil, turning once, for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Heat remaining pumpkin mixture; serve with satay.
Libby’s Pumpkin via Family Features
Wonderful flavor, and adds vegetables to your family’s diet without them realizing it. If you try this recipe, please take a photo and add it to the comments. We wanna see it.