Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
- 4 gala apples
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup museli cereal (with dried fruit & nuts)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 8 tbsp drained cottage cheese
- 4 tsp orange marmalade – if baking
- Star anise & powdered sugar to decorate (optional)
- Cut top of apple (stem part) off for a lid.
- Scoop out the seeds & center of the apple leaving 1/2″ at the bottom of the apple.
- Rub the lids and edges of the apples with the lemon to keep from discoloring.
- In a medium bowl mix the butter, museli, brown sugar, walnuts, apple pie spice and drained cottage cheese.
- Fill apples with mixture just to the top edge of the apple.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put 1 tsp orange marmalade on top of each apple and place in baking dish or muffin tin.
- Place lids on apples.
- Bake until tender, about 25 minutes. Don’t overcook or apples will look wrinkly.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to decorate
- [img src=”http://playtimeandparty.com/wp-content/uploads/baked-stuffed-apples.png” width=”350″ height=”524″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”baked stuffed apples”]
This is a fun & healthy breakfast recipe but can also be served with vanilla ice cream as an autumn dessert.