Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
This is my family’s favorite recipe. You will need a Shamrock Pan. (Our public library lends cake pans, and our local bin store rents them.)
The Shamrock Loaf
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- Water, butter and egg to prepare mix
- 3/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Spray pan with vegetable pan spray. Prepare hot roll mix following package instructions; if desired, knead in shredded cheese. Press dough into prepared pan. Cover with a clean cloth and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- When completely cooled, cut hole in bread, almost completely through; spoon in Spinach Dip.
The Spinach Dip
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 500 gr softened cream cheese
- 1 c grated cheddar cheese
- 300 gr frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 6 slices bacon, fried & chopped
- 1/4 c onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp dill weed
- Beat mayo and cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Can be served cold or baked at 325 for 2 hours.
See our other Irish Food recipes:
See all our St Patricks Day Recipes, including goodies, desserts and beverages.
- Want to put more play in your St Patricks Day? See all our articles about St Patricks Day Fun.
- Planning a St Patricks Day Party? See our St Patricks Day Printables.
- Want to pump up the fun to your St Patricks celebration? See our picks for St Patricks Day outfits.
- Do you know someone who would love to make a shamrock loaf with spinach dip? Send them this article.
Did you already share this? No? Here's another chance!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.