Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick caraway seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon McCormick cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9-inch round cake pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, caraway seed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Stir in raisins. Mix buttermilk, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl; stir into dry ingredients. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
See our other Irish Food recipes:
See all our St Patricks Day Recipes, including goodies, desserts and beverages.
- Want to put more play in your St Patricks Day? See all our articles about St Patricks Day Fun.
- Planning a St Patricks Day Party? See our St Patricks Day Printables.
- Want to pump up the fun to your St Patricks celebration? See our picks for St Patricks Day outfits.
- Do you know someone who would love to bake this Irish Soda Bread? Send them this article.
Did you already share this? No? Here's another chance!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.