Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
Wish the neighbors good luck on St Patrick’s Day by passing out treat bags – kinda the opposite of Halloween!
As you probably know, I like Acts of Kindness (you can see my collection of ideas on my Pinterest Inspiration Board.)
Hand Out St Patrick’s Day Treats
For a St Patrick’s Day act of kindness I thought passing around a little Luck of the Irish – or at least yummy St Patricks Day Treats – would be a great idea.
Make shamrock shaped sugar cookies or any other wonderful St Patrick’s Day recipe. Package them up, put them in a cute basket and go door to door as a family handing out goodies to all the neighbors.
You don’t have to do any baking. You could buy the gold foil chocolate coins and pass them out instead.
Won’t the neighbors feel lucky to live near your family?
Go for the Gold: Hand Out Treats in the St Patricks Day Parade
The Haswell family loves random acts of kindness too – and they see the St Patricks Day parade as an opportunity to spread Free Hugs, balloons, candy and beads to put a smile on everyone’s face.
[iframe src=”http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/3udQg2HH-UE?rel=0″ width=”100%” height=”480″]
My family did this when my kids were young – in the Fall Fair – and I can attest to the fact that we enjoyed ourselves as much as the kids who received the goodies. Go ahead, take it to the next level: get a group together, put on something green and spread happiness.
And if you’re near Dublin, California join the Haswells and SpreadKindness.org in their parade. . .
Make Your Own Little Parade Float
If you want to go all out, you can build a Pot of Gold parade float to add to the fun!
Here’s how to create the base using some steel, a remote controller and two wheel chair motors. There is a little more information at Instructables, but not much more. Good Luck!
[iframe src=”http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Z64vsmdSVEk?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0″ width=”100%” height=”480″]
Whether you want to say hello to the neighbors you know or go big this St Patrick’s Day, be a little leprechaun and bring a smile to someone.
See our other articles for St Patricks Day Fun:
- What acts of kindness does your family do for St Patricks Day? Tell us in the comments.
- Looking for some St Patricks costumes or shirts? See our picks for St Patricks Day costumes & apparel.
- Feel like cooking up some Irish recipes or treats? See our St Patricks Day Recipes.
- Planning a St Patricks Day Party? See our St Patricks Day Printables.
- Want more ideas for your St Patricks Day? Check out our Pinterest Inspiration Board.
- Do you know someone who would be interested in this list of St Patricks Day books? Send them this article.
- Did this information help you? Sign up to receive new articles directly in your inbox so you won’t miss a thing!
Do you know someone who would love to see this? Please share!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.