Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
Are you having a tough time getting your kids with a picky palate to eat? Do you want to put more play into dinnertime? These snowman meatloaf cupcakes are easy to make and unforgettable for the kids!
They’re a fun winter surprise, for a backwards party, or for a snowman party.
- Peel potatoes and put on to boil. You'll need one large potato per person.
- Use your favorite meatloaf recipe (or try mine: Mama McEachern’s Meatloaf Recipe.) Cook in a muffin tin. Takes about 20 minutes.
- While your meat and potatoes are cooking, prepare your snowman embellishments.Carrot Nose: Baby carrots don’t have that nice point, so choose a bunch of carrots that are pointy and cut the ends off at the right length.
Eyes: Peas make perfect eyes, but you can use any vegetable from a frozen vegetable mix. Lima beans make him look happy!
Scarf: Cut bell pepper into thin strips. Microwave for 20 seconds to make it pliable but still edible. Circle the snowman’s neck with strips and tuck another strip under to hang down like a scarf. You can use any color you like – green, red, orange, yellow – just coordinate with your color choice for hat if you’re including one. Green hat with a red scarf makes a fun Christmas snowman meal for kids.
Hat: Use the bottom of a red or green bell pepper for a toque. Choose one that is a triangular shape with a very small point or it will be too side for your snowman. Cuban or Cubanelle peppers work well; they are green and become red as they ripen.
Buttons: Use a different vegetable from your mix than you used for the eyes or use raisins.
Arms: You can use rosemary sprigs as we did, or parsley sprigs with a few leaves on the ends of the stem.
- Prepare mashed potatoes. If using real potatoes, mash and add milk until a play dough consistency. If using ready-to-eat mashed potatoes, prepare as directed on the box.
- When meatloaf cupcake has cooled slightly, put it on a plate.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, roll into 2 balls just like you would when playing with play dough. Form into a snowman on top of your meatloaf cupcake.
- Add your embellishments as planned and serve.
Want more, more often?
Sign up to see all our great ideas.
Just information & inspiration.
Never miss a thing.
Did you already share this? No? Here's another chance!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.