Here’s a quick easy Mexican breakfast recipe that the kids will love – and only takes minutes to prepare.
Huevos Rancheros are the traditional Spanish-style fried eggs or scrambled eggs on corn tortillas with savory salsa. When you use prepared salsa and refried beans this is a quick easy, delicious breakfast recipe.
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- 1 c shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 1 can refried black beans
- 1 container of fresh salsa from grocery store
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 c diced purple onion
- Heat salsa in a saucepan over low heat.
- Put a little olive oil in a skillet and one by one heat the tortillas until they are heated through and bubbly. Place them on a warm plate in a warming oven or oven set to lowest temperature. Sprinkle with cheese and let melt while you cook eggs.
- Put a little butter in your skillet and cook eggs sunny side up, about 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Place one tortilla on a plate. Heat refried beans in microwave and spread on tortilla to taste.
- Put a layer of salsa and then place fried egg on top. Sprinkle with a little cheese, cilantro, pepper and onion to taste.
Do you love this recipe?
Get our updates delivered directly to your inbox so you won’t miss a thing.
Do you know someone who would like to try this recipe?