Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
- 4 3/4-inch-thick center cut pork chops, fat trimmed
- 1/4 cup Smucker’s® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, toasted*
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple (packed)
- 1 large shallot, minced (or 1/4 cup minced onion)
- 1/2 cup Smucker’s® Apple or Currant Jelly, melted (for basting, if desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crisco® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- With small knife, make a “pocket” in each pork chop by cutting horizontally from outside edge almost to the bone. In medium bowl, mix together remaining ingredients except jelly, salt and pepper. Shape stuffing mixture into 4 equal patties.
- Spread each meat pocket open and put one stuffing patty into each pork chop. Using wooden toothpicks (2 to 3 per chop), close each pocket to prevent stuffing from falling out during cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray pork chops lightly with Crisco No-Stick Cooking Spray. Place large, oven-proof frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Place pork chops in pan and cook about 8 minutes, turning often, or until well-browned on both sides.
- Remove pan from stove and place in hot oven to cook another 20 minutes. If desired, baste pork chops with jelly during last 5 minutes of cooking time. When pork chops are done, remove toothpicks and season with salt and pepper.
Do you know someone who would love to see this? Please share!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.