Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
Gain weight over the winter?
Tired of the same old clothes?
Time to party! That’s right. Party.
Have a New to You Party with your friends.
- new clothes for free
- a good time with good friends
- and you save the planet by reusing
Sounds like a win to me.
My daughter is a hair stylist, and at the salon all the girls are roughly the same size. To extend their clothing budget they have a New-To-You Party.
They show up at the hostess’ house, wine bottle under arm, and dump their clothing/jewelry/purses/scarves/fashion accessories in a pile in the middle of the floor. They grab a drink and a snack and take a seat in a circle around the pile.
Just like a Chinese auction, with the New To You Party, you can make the rules whatever you want.
- hostess goes first to thank her for all she’s done
- she roots through the pile until she sees something interesting and holds it up for everyone to see
- if she doesn’t like it she returns it to the pile, if she likes it she keeps it
- when she finds what she wants she returns to her seat and the person sitting beside her has a turn
- this person can “steal” an item from someone else, take something she saw someone else hold up, or dive in the pile to find something new
This continues around the circle until the pile has disappeared or no one wants the items left in the pile.
The hostess donates leftover items to a local Thrift Store the next day.
If you have a group of competitive people, they may not do well with the “stealing” side of the game. You may want to make a “first come, first serve” rule instead so there’s no hard feelings the next day.
Want more, more often?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter:
- Put more play in your day with a list of the week’s upcoming daily holidays.
- See excerpts from the week’s articles so you can read the ones that interest you at your leisure.
- Get links to our freebies.
- See the best easy recipes that were printed
Never miss a thing.
Do you know someone who would love to see this? Please share!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.