Delightfully rich and decadent with chocolate, coffee and pumpkin – but is surprisingly easy to prepare.
Mocha Pumpkin Cheesecake Supreme
- 5 tablespoons Organic Valley Butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons finely ground coffee beans
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) Organic Valley Neufchatel or Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large Organic Valley Eggs
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin puree or 1 can (16 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons hot strong coffee
- chocolate-covered coffee beans or chocolate-covered raisins
- Heat oven to 350°F. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter; combine with crushed grahams and ground coffee. Press into bottom and partially up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Use electric beaters at medium speed to cream Neufchatel or cream cheese for 3 to 4 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar and continue beating 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake until instant thermometer inserted in center reads 160 degrees, 70 to 75 minutes. Cool cheesecake to room temperature, then chill it thoroughly.
- Melt chocolate and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in double boiler, or a bowl set over a pan of boiling water. Remove from heat; whisk lightly, then whisk in hot coffee. Cool 10 minutes. Press top of cheesecake to even out the surface and “mend” any cracks. Spread chocolate glaze over cheesecake. Decorate with chocolate-covered coffee beans or raisins. Chill to set topping.