Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
Sweet, light and airy, these mini icebox cakes pack a refreshing burst of creamy flavor, perfect for the summer.
Vanilla wafer cookies are stacked in a flavor-filled mixture of berries, lemon and whipped cream then refrigerated until ready to serve.
Perfect for a 4th of July celebration.
Mixed Berry and Lemon Mini Icebox Cakes
- 2 c fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 2/3 c granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1 pkg vanilla wafer cookies
- Blueberries, raspberries or blackberries for garnish
- Line muffin pan with plastic wrap, pressing plastic into each cavity and letting plastic hang over edge of pan.
- In large skillet, combine mixed berries, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering until berries soften and liquid reduces to 1 cup, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Gently mash berries with wooden spoon. Transfer to medium bowl and cool completely.
- In large bowl whip cream on medium-high speed until cream holds stiff peaks, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in berry mixture and zest until completely combined.
- Place whipped cream in decorating bag and cut off pointed end. To assemble, pipe small amount of whipped cream mixture into each muffin cavity. Lightly press a cookie into whipped cream. Continue layering whipped cream and cookies until cavities are full, finishing with whipped cream layer.
- You should have 3 layers of cookies.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove pan from refrigerator. Remove plastic wrap from top and carefully flip out onto serving platter. Remove wrap from mini cakes.
- Garnish with additional berries, if desired. Serve immediately.
Sign up for our weekly Newsletter!
- You’ll see photos of the recipes published in the last week so you can print them if you want
- You’ll get excerpts from the past week’s articles to read at your leisure
- You’ll get the next week’s daily holidays so you can plan to put more play in your day
Just great food & great fun.
Unsubscribe at any time.
Do you know someone who would love to see this? Please share!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.