Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
Maple Brown Sugar Bacon
12 strips applewood smoked bacon
¼ Cup pure maple syrup
¼ Cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray an oven safe cooling rack with non stick cooking spray and place over a rimmed baking sheet
- Place strips of bacon onto cooling rack and brush maple syrup evenly over each strip
- Take pinches of brown sugar and sprinkle evenly over each strip of bacon
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until browned and crisped to your personal taste. I went closer to 40 minutes for a real crispy strip.
¼ Cup fig preserves
½ Cup olive oil
¼ Cup balsamic vinegar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
Bag of mixed greens
Crumbled Goat Cheese
Brown Sugar Maple Bacon
1. Place fig preserves, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper into a food processor. Process until emulsified. Set aside.
2. On salad plates arrange mixed greens, crumbled goat cheese, bacon pieces and pecans. Drizzle with fig preserve vinaigrette
This recipe is compliments of Jenny Flake. Photos are Jenny’s too. Visit her blog, Picky Palate for more wonderful recipes.