Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
The magic of this St Patrick’s Day recipe is using a cake mix base so it turns out perfect everytime, adding “secret” ingredients like white chocolate pudding mix and toffee bits so it tastes great, and topping it all off with almond butter icing for that extra deliciousness that everyone notices.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line cupcake pans with yellow paper liners for the “gold” feel or festive St Patrick’s Day cupcake liners.
3. Combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil, pudding, and sour cream (or mayo if you so choose) in a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Beat for 1 1/2 minutes on medium speed. Add toffee bits and mix until blended. Scoop batter into cupcake liners until 2/3 full.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through or when knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire racks until cooled completely.
6. To prepare frosting beat cream cheese, almond extract and butter until creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar until creamy and thick.
7. Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with gold sugar sprinkles.