Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
The magic in these St Patrick’s Day cupcakes is using a cake mix base so it turns out perfect everytime, adding “secret” ingredients like white chocolate pudding mix and Skor bits and topping it all off with almond butter icing and sparkly-shiny golden sugar.
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small box instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream or mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Chipits SKOR toffee bits
- Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 1/2 cups powdered icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- yellow or gold sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cupcake pans with yellow paper liners for the “gold” feel or festive St Patrick’s Day cupcake liners.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil, pudding, and sour cream (or mayo if you so choose) in a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Beat for 1 1/2 minutes on medium speed. Add toffee bits and mix until blended. Scoop batter into cupcake liners until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through or when knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire racks until cooled completely.
- To prepare frosting beat cream cheese, almond extract and butter until creamy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until creamy and thick.
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with gold sugar sprinkles.
See our other St Patricks Day goodie recipes:
Or see all our St Patricks Day Recipes, including Irish food & St Patricks Day beverages.
- Want to put more play in your St Patricks Day? See all our articles about St Patricks Day Fun.
- Planning a St Patricks Day Party? See our St Patricks Day Printables.
- Want to pump up the fun to your St Patricks celebration? See our picks for St Patricks Day outfits.
- Do you know someone who would love to bake these green velvet St Patricks Day cupcakes? Send them this article.
Did you already share this? No? Here's another chance!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.