Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
I love recipes that use a mix as a base, but add fun ingredients to make the end result a fantastic dessert.
Baking always turns out – no disappointments after all the work – but you still get that “baked from scratch” joy of cooking. It’s win/win for everyone with these Chocolate Mint Brownies.
1 box Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 teaspoon mint extract
4 drops green food color
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1/2 cup butter (do not use margarine)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
2. Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.)
3. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
4. In large bowl beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until set.
5. In 2-quart nonstick saucepan heat topping ingredients over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Cool about 10 minutes or until lukewarm.
6. Pour topping over filling; spread to cover. Refrigerate uncovered about 2 hours or until set.
7. Before cutting into bars, let stand 10 minutes at room temperature. For bars, cut into 5 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Betty Crocker, special thanks to Family Features
Do you know someone who would love to see this? Please share!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.