Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
9 out of 10 people breathe polluted air
Let the world know that June 5th 2019 was the day the world took action to #BeatAirPollution.
Join the World Environment Day mask challenge and draw attention to this serious issue on June 5th, 2019
1. Decorate a face mask – May 24th to June 5th.
Be creative, reflect your personality, inspire others.
Put a photo of you in your mask on social media & encourage 3 others to join you #BeatAirPollution.
Want to inform family and friends of this dire need? There’s a Trello board with messages to share on social media.
Why a face mask?
Face masks are the perfect symbol for air pollution. There are many cities of the world that have to wear them for protection from smog and air pollution.
How anti-pollution, anti-smog and viruses face masks work for PM2.5 protection:
Air masks are easily seen, and everyone will ask why you’re wearing it on June 5th. Get them to join the cause on social media too.
2. Take a pledge to make one change in your lifestyle to do your part in beating air pollution.
- Use public transport or car sharing, cycle or walk
- Switch to a hybrid or electric vehicle and request electric taxis
- Turn off the car engine when stationary
- See our article All About Air Pollution for many more ideas
3. On June 5th show a photo of yourself doing what you pledged.
Don’t forget to wear your air mask!
Use the hashtags to join others around the world:
My daughter & her husband were in Bangkok in January and needed to wear a face mask due to air pollution. They rocked it!
While they were touring around:
They incorporated their masks into the cosplay costumes they wore to a movie party:
Want more, more often?
Subscribe to see all of our inspirational ideas in your inbox.
No charge. No spam. More information & inspiration. Unsubscribe anytime.