Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
The Cookie Like a Candy Bar
Chocolate Macaroons are light and sweet with different heavenly textures. They taste great warm straight from the oven, room temperature or even cold from the refrigerator.
They are the perfect dessert to make if you want something sweet but don’t have any flour in the house.
There are several varieties of Chocolate Macaroons, some are even no-bake.
- most use coconut flakes
- some use oatmeal (my mother made these & we called them cow plops also called haystacks)
- some use oatmeal & coconut (called frogs)
- some use fried chow mein noodles for the crunchiness
To celebrate chocolate macaroons day we have an extra special recipe . . .
Hershey Kisses Macaroons
Hershey Kisses Chocolate Macaroons
- 1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk) 14-ounce
- 1 egg white, whipped
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 pkg flaked coconut 14-ounce
- 1 pkg Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with foil; grease and flour foil. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg white, extracts and coconut; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets about 2" apart; slightly flatten each mound with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets (macaroons will stick if allowed to cool).
- Immediately press solid milk chocolate Hershey Kiss in center of each macaroon while warm.
- Cool on wire racks. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Source: Eagle® Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk and Family Features
Want more, more often?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter
- see the best easy recipes published in the last week
- see excerpts from last week’s articles to read at your leisure
- see the next week’s daily holidays to put more play in your day
Great food and great fun.
Unsubscribe at any time.