Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
Created by Carlo Rossi – the legendary wine maker who sells his wine in jugs – this jug sliders recipe is packed with bold flavor, perfect for entertaining.Throw these bite-sized burgers on the grill and while they cook, sauté chopped mushrooms in butter, scallions, shallots and merlot. Place the burgers on mini buns and top with the prepared mushroom sauce. Then set out a platter and watch everyone dig in.
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 1 package mini buns
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 large scallions, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup Carlo Rossi Merlot
- Green leaf lettuce
- Shape about 3 tablespoons of ground beef into a 1-inch-thick patty, sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Repeat with remaining mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Melt butter in a skillet and add mushrooms, scallions and shallot. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; add merlot and simmer.
- Grill burgers to preferred degree of temperature. Place each burger on miniature bun with lettuce and top with mushroom mixture.
Recipe printed with permission via Family Features
Do you love this recipe?
Get our updates delivered directly to your inbox so you won’t miss a thing.
Do you know someone who would like to try this recipe?
Do you know someone who would love to see this? Please share!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.