Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
Files come in PDF format and can be easily opened, viewed and printed using FREE Adobe Reader Software. (If you don’t already have this on your computer you can download it here.)
You can print items at home on your personal printer but many prefer to save ink and produce a better looking product by taking pages to a professional printer. (Due to ink costs and perhaps even wasted cardstock in errors it can be cheaper to use a printing company. You might want to check for prices online.)
How to Print Printables at Home
Use Premium grade 8.5″ x 11″ photo paper in your choice of matte or soft gloss finish.
- Right click on the page or click on the File button at the top of the page and select “Print”. A popup will appear with several choices.
- Select the printer that you will be using and number of pages you wish to print. (It’s always a good idea to print one page as a test first.)
- Select the page number of the PDF that you wish to print – you will see the example in the image box. (Don’t select “all” unless you want to print the informational pages too.)
- Page sizing should be set at 8.5 x 11 and make it borderless. Depending on your printer you would choose “actual size”, “full bleed” “borderless” or set page scaling at “none”.
- Print settings should be 100%, best color quality or best photo quality, again depending on the selections offered by your particular printer.
- Insert the cardstock, sticker page or paper required in your printer.
- Make sure you know which way to put the page in to have the printing on the side that you want – especially for stickers. (You may want to do a little test first just to be sure by making a new document in Microsoft Word, typing TEST and then printing it on a piece of paper to see if the printed text is facing up or facing down.)
- Click “print”.
Printing at Professional Printers
Recommended paper for most projects as A4 white cardstock in your choice of matte or soft gloss finish.
- Insert a USB flash drive in your computer. (A blank one is best since you’ll be giving it to the printing company.)
- Select “File” on toolbar at top left corner.
- Highlight “Save As”.
- Click on “PDF”.
- Under “computer” select the correct Device with Removable Storage for your USB stick.
- Click “save”.
- Take USB to your choice of printers. Tell them how many of which pages you wish to print. Make sure they know you want it on cardstock.
Over to You
If you’re still having problems, ask for help in the comments below. Teresa or other Merrymakers will try to help you.
Do you know someone who would love to see this? Please share!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.