Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
For a green twist on classic red velvet cupcakes, stir green food color into basic cake mix and add pure vanilla extract, sour cream and cocoa powder. Whip up minty green cream cheese frosting and decorate with green sprinkles or colored sugar to make them fun for kids of all ages.
1 package chocolate cake mix
1 chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 bottle (1 ounce) McCormick Green Food Color
2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
1 container (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting or Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
Green sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, water, cocoa powder, oil, food color, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping sides of bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
Minty Green Cream Cheese Frosting:
Stir 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract and 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Green Food Color into canned cream cheese frosting or Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:
Beat 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened, 2 tablespoons sour cream and 2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
- Looking for some St Patricks costumes or shirts? See our picks for St Patricks Day costumes & apparel.
- Looking for St Patricks Day family fun or party ideas? Read our St Patricks Day activties articles.
- Planning a St Patricks Day Party? See our St Patricks Day Printables.
- Want more ideas for your St Patricks Day? Check out our Pinterest Inspiration Board.
- Feel like cooking up some Irish recipes or treats? Check out the articles shown below.
Did you already share this? No? Here's another chance!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.