Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
My daughter is a hair stylist, and at the salon where she works all the girls are roughly the same size. To extend their clothing budget they have a clothing party.
They show up at the hostess’ house, wine bottle under their arm, dump their clothing, jewelry, purses, scarves and fall fashion accessories in a pile in the middle of the floor, grab a drink and a snack and take a seat in a circle around the pile of goodies.
- hostess goes first to thank her for all she’s done
- she roots through the pile until she sees something interesting and holds it up for everyone to see
- if she doesn’t like it she returns it to the pile, if she likes it she keeps it
- when she finds what she wants she returns to her seat and the person sitting beside her has a turn
- this person can “steal” an item from someone else, take something she saw someone else hold up, or dive in the pile to find something new
- this continues around the circle until the pile has disappeared or no one wants the items left over
- the hostess donates leftover items to a local Thrift Store the next day
The Gorgeous Kids Sweater Party
When my kids were little several of us had kids that were roughly the same age/size. We had a similar party, only with kid’s clothes. Whatever my kids outgrew was perfect for someone else’s darling, and I took home some wonderful “new to you” things for my kiddies. It’s win/win – with coffee, cupcakes and conversation. A productive night out for moms!
Did you like the idea of a Gorgeous Sweater Party?
Get our updates delivered directly to your inbox so you won’t miss any great party ideas.
Know someone who would love to have a Gorgeous Sweater Party?
Do you know someone who would love to see this? Please share!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.