In this video he’s giving a speech at the 2013 World Domination Summit on “Getting Dreams Out of Your Head” – an inspirational speech that I hope helps you turn your dreams into reality.
The first half of the video is his story of how he became the renown (and rich) blogger that he is today from a guy who was a “technological Luddite.”
Please don’t miss the gems of his speech by listening to the first few minutes and thinking it doesn’t apply to you!
The last half of the video features his philosophy on how to take responsibility for your future, how to get the dreams out of your head and into reality, and how to turn a little spark of interest into a burning desire that could change your life.
I’ve created a synopsis below for you, but to hear it in his words makes all the difference in inspiration.
We Need to Take Responsibility for Our Own Future
- The way we spend our time
- The way we spend our money
- The way we invest ourselves – whether we’re wasting time or investing in our dreams
- Your current reality is shaping your future one way or another
What Do You Want Your Future to Look Like?
1. Paint a picture in your mind of where you want to be in the short-term – and the long-term.
2. Regularly set aside time at the beginning of the year & again at the beginning of every month to dream about your future.
3. Once you have a picture of your future, ask yourself: What needs to change in order for my dreams to become reality?
Look for Sparks in Your Life
We’re great at looking for the “next big thing” in life, but quite often we miss the little opportunities that could blossom into something great.
Look at your day and think about the thing that sparked your curiosity, your creativity, your energy. Nurture those sparks the next day and see if they will grow into a flame. If you follow a spark, you can discover a new passion in life.
What is energizing other people around you? What idea do you have – or comment that you’ve made – that has sparked interest in other people? Ask questions.
Solve problems of people around you. In fact, make it a goal to solve one problem a day.
Create space each day to observe the sparks. Rowse changed his shower time to the middle of the day & discovered that it became a break that gave him creative thinking time. What can you do to take a breather from the daily grind to give yourself space for renewal and new ideas?
- What energized me today?
- What sucked energy out of my day?
- What problems did I see?
- Who was I today?
Inspiration Without Implementation is Empty
At the end of your life you’ll be proud of the things you accomplished, not the dreams you dreamed.
Don’t be overwhelmed by the bigness of your dreams. Break down your dreams into small steps – one that you can do each day to the best of your ability – and eventually you will see your dreams come true.
Build into your daily workflow time to create and time to complete so you don’t have millions of beginnings without real accomplishments. Even if you set aside 15 or 30 minutes a day you will eventually complete your project. Accomplishing is as important as dreaming.
Don’t let the excitement of creativity steal accomplishment’s reality.
One of the best ways to get a dream out of your head is to share it with others. This makes you accountable. In fact, get them to ask you about that dream in 2 weeks.
Another thing that happens is you get an army of people who help you make your dream come true – they encourage you by sharing information they found, or introduce you to others who can help you in some way.
- Invest your time & your money today in your tomorrow
- Take time to visualize what you’d like your future to look like at the beginning of every month
- Make the necessary changes in your life so your dreams can become a reality
- Every night analyze what sparked your curiosity, your creativity, your energy that day
- Make note of times when your spark other people’s energy
- Notice problems you & others face each day and ask yourself how you can solve them
- Solve a problem every day – even if its just a small one
- Make space in each day for creative ideas
- Make space in each day to complete a project or a goal towards a bigger project
- Tell people about your dreams
I hope this stimulates your creative side & helps you put your dreams into action.
Read information & inspiration to find the motivation to keep working towards your goals in these articles:
Series on Achieving Goals
See the articles in our series on achieving goals in your life and living a life you love.