Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
No, don’t throw your laptop across the room in frustration. When you get your Facebook Timeline covers image the right size it’ll look fine!
I know just how you feel.
I uploaded 5 or 6 images that looked pixelated or crazy before I finally discovered the correct size for the Facebook timeline.
851 x 315
Two Ways to Make Your Facebook Timeline Covers
- Use My Example: Click on the sunburst image shown above, then right-click, copy and paste it into your image software. Add a layer then delete this background and you have a clean slate.
- Create Your Own: Open a new background image 851 pixels x 315 pixels at 72 dpi in your image software – or use GIMP which is free – and add your own image to fit.
- I also just discovered Facebook Timeline Slicer that gives you a template you can download for the best size of every image used on Facebook – for FREE.
To see how the timeline image and your profile picture fits together, look at Facebook’s Example.
Another point to consider when designing your timeline picture is how it will look on Facebook.
They have your profile image on the left-hand side which sticks up slightly, covering part of your timeline image. Keep this in mind to ensure that important parts of the photo, text or picture will not be covered by the profile image.
Yes, it’s a pain in the you-know-what but some people have put their thinking caps on and got really creative with it.
Here is what Aly Moffat did with her timeline cover:
The thing to remember is that it’s usually only new people who go to your Facebook page and see it like this – most of your friends read your status updates on their own page, so make sure your profile picture can stand on its own too. (Do you really want your friends to see you several times a day with that handle across your face?)
Here’s a great example of how the profile image and the cover image fit together well but can stand alone by Sprite.
How to Make a Facebook Timeline Cover that Includes Your Profile Picture
- Start with the Facebook Timeline Cover you have chosen at the correct size, then make another layer for your profile picture.
- The profile image measures 170 x 170, is 23 pixels from the left-hand side, and juts into the background picture by 104 pixels.
- Using your image editing program, play around with the combination of your background image and your profile image layer until you create something marvelous and amazing!
- Important: when you’re saving the background/timeline cover image **don’t forget to delete the profile picture layer first!**
Do you know someone who would love to see this? Please share!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.