Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
These Breakfast Cups with eggs, cheese and bacon will win your family over and add a little WOW! to your morning.
You’ll have no trouble getting them to the table on time.
- 12 strips uncooked bacon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh white button mushrooms
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- While oven is preheating, cook bacon according to package directions until firm but pliable and not crispy. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in same skillet used to cook bacon and sauté mushrooms over medium heat for 6-10 minutes until golden brown in color. Set aside to cool.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Cut six strips of cooked bacon into quarters. Place one full strip of cooked bacon around the side and two quarters of a strip in the base of each of six muffin cups in a muffin tin. Use your fingers to press overlapping ends of bacon together.
- In large bowl, beat 4 eggs and whisk in mushrooms, chopped thyme and black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture in equal portions into muffin cups lined with bacon, about 2/3 full in each cup.
- Sprinkle equal portions of shredded Swiss cheese into the cups and top each with two quarter strips of bacon.
- Place filled muffin tin in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until egg is completely set, cheese is melted and tops are browned.
- Remove muffin tin from oven, use knife to loosen edges, serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Wright Brand via Family Features
Want more, more often?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter
- see the best easy recipes published in the last week
- see excerpts from last week’s articles to read at your leisure
- see the next week’s daily holidays to put more play in your day
Great food and great fun.
Unsubscribe at any time.
Never miss a thing.
Did you already share this? No? Here's another chance!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.