It’s spring, and Easter is just around the corner. Here are some fun spring flower cupcakes and Easter basket cupcakes that are so adorable – and so easy to do.
Its All in the Cupcake Wrap
Bake cupcakes using your favorite recipe – or the one below. Cool completely, place in Picket Fence Cupcake Wraps or Basket Cupcake Wraps and pipe with green-tinted icing to create grass. If piping isn’t possible, simply spatula ice the cupcakes; either way, they will impress.
Wiltons has miniature nest decorations filled with jelly beans for a playful take on a robin’s springtime roost. Or, top cupcakes with pre-made icing flowers to echo the cheery hues of spring’s first blossoms. These treats are quick, easy and look fantastic at your Easter Tea Party!
For more Easter recipes and ideas – or to order these or other decorating supplies – visit www.wilton.com.
How to Make Icing Grass
It’s the icing grass effect that makes this cupcake! Fortunately its very easy to do and looks impressive – even without the cupcake wrapper.
This icing grass tutorial shows you just how easy it is to create these cute spring flower and Easter egg basket cupcakes using the #233 icing tip.
[iframe src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/cPFOUHgn97k” width=”100%” height=”480″]
Easter Cupcake Recipe
- White Standard Baking Cups
- 1 package cake mix, any flavor
- 1 instant pudding mix (chocolate for dark cakes, white chocolate for light cakes)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream or mayonnaise
- 1 tsp almond extract – or vanilla extract
- Garden Fence Cupcake Wraps or Basket Cupcake Wrappers
- 1 can (16 ounces) White Decorator Icing
- Leaf Green Icing Color
- Nest, flower or Easter egg decorations or Easter cupcake toppers to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Place baking cups in standard muffin pan.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil, pudding, and sour cream (or mayo if you so choose) in a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Beat for 1 1/2 minutes on medium speed. Scoop batter into cupcake liners until 2/3 full.
3. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely. Insert cooled cupcakes into cupcake wraps.
4. Tint icing green; pipe grass on cooled cupcakes. Arrange icing decorations on icing.
I have not been compensated by Wiltons for this article. I just love their products and know that when you want to impress – but don’t have the time or energy for all the fuss and muss – Wilton’s premade icing decorations and cupcake wrappers make entertaining a breeze but still give you that happy hands-on feeling.
- When you make cupcakes do you like to use cupcake toppers and special cupcake wrappers to add more fun? Tell us in the comments.
- Planning an Easter party, Easter egg hunt or tea party? Want ideas on how to celebrate Easter with your kids? See our Easter family activities & party ideas.
- Looking for Easter printable games or party decorations? Check out our Easter Printables.
- Looking for something special to wear to celebrate Easter? See our picks for Easter & spring apparel and costumes.
- Want more ideas for your Easter? Check out our Pinterest Inspiration Board.