Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
Make mouths water by serving up slices of delicious watermelon … cheesecake! Strawberry cheesecake dotted with mini chocolate chips imitates the center of the fruit, and a pistachio and coconut crumble crust mimics the watermelon rind.
- 1-1/4 cups (16 ounces) roasted salted pistachios
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- Leaf green icing color
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon imitation clear vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen whole strawberries, thawed, pureed and strained (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
- No-taste red icing color
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- In food processor, pulse pistachios until coarsely ground. Add coconut, sugar, butter and icing color; pulse until well combined. Press into bottom and 3/4 up side of 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate while making filling.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Add heavy cream and beat until combined.
- In small saucepan, bring strawberry juice just to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over top and whisk vigorously to dissolve completely, about 3 minutes. Pour into cream cheese mixture. Add icing color and beat until well combined. Beat in 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips. Pour into chilled crust. Sprinkle top with remaining chocolate chips. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
Do you know someone who would love to see this? Please share!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.