How Cookies Benefit You
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites. They come in many shapes and sizes.
Most cookies are totally safe for you and essential to the effective running of websites you visit.
Our cookies help us:
- make our website work as you’d expect (ie: videos)
- remember that you accepted cookies so we don’t keep asking
- improve the speed/security of the site
- allow you to share articles with social networks like Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
- Make our marketing more efficient (essentially allowing us to offer the products and services we do)
- collect personally identifiable information (without your express permission such as a contact form)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn the specifics of the cookies we use below.
How to Restrict Cookies
The kind of cookie we want to restrict for consumer safety is the data mining cookie that tracks your information to be sold for demographic use, or to steal your identity or credit card information.
How We Protect You
We, at DelightfulWoman.com, have gone to extra cost to secure all communication, including your credit card information. We protect the integrity of our website and prevent others from tampering with the communication between our site and your browser, called a man in the middle attack, designed to steal your information.
- we use a Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure site (see the HTTPS in the url bar with the lock on it as proof)
- we use a Content Delivery Network (CDN) that secures information sent between our site and your computer or phone
How You Can Protect Yourself
Here are some ways you can restrict cookies on your end:
- don’t fill out any survey on the internet unless you know for sure you can trust the company using it
- don’t use a social media profile when signing in to a website
- disable Flash on your computer
- use a Virtual Private Network (VPN), especially when using WiFi in public locations (more on this at How To Geek.)
- use an ad-blocker extension on your browser
- if you wish to block Google Analytics you can opt-out (we wish you wouldn’t because the information helps us improve our site for our visitors)
- if you want to see what cookies are on your browser and learn how to disable them, read more at What Are Cookies with instructions for each browser
If the settings on the software you use to view this website (your browser) are adjusted to accept cookies, we take this and your continued use of our website to mean that you are fine with this.
More About Our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
- videos powered by YouTube
- Google Maps
- Mail Chimp sign up for our newsletter
- Akismet SPAM protection
- WP Contact Form
- Vaultpress backup of our site
- Woo Commerce and Digital Downloads for products
- Social Media buttons and widgets: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram
We use Google Analytics and Jetpack who place anonymous visitor statistic cookies.
This helps us to continue to improve our website. These analytics programs are anonymous in that they do not collect personal information such as your name or street address. We use this information instead of paying a marketing firm who collects the same anonymous information:
- how visitors reached our site (ie: a search engine or a link for another site)
- how many people have visited our site each day
- what technology they used which helps identify if there is a problem with our site for certain technologies (ie: Mac or Windows, mobile phone, tablet or computer)
- how long visitors spend on our website
- what pages were viewed during their visit
As mentioned above, if you wish to block Google Analytics you can opt-out (we wish you wouldn’t because the information helps us improve our site for our visitors.)
Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to opt-out from Jetpack analytics. It is bundled with other software essential to the security and workings of this website. There is no way to prevent their cookies from being set other than to not use our site.
If you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.