Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind (optional)
- Yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 (18.25 or 18.5-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (4-ounce) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Flaked coconut
- In medium saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon rind (optional) and food coloring (optional).
- Over medium heat, cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare and bake cake mix as package directs. Pour batter into 2 well-greased and floured 9-inch round layer cake pans. Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans; cool thoroughly.
- With sharp knife, remove crust from top of each cake layer. Split layers. Spread equal portions of lemon mixture between layers and on top to within 1 inch of edge.
- Frost side and 1-inch rim on top of cake with whipped topping. Coat side of cake with coconut; garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Do you know someone who would love to see this? Please share!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.