Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
Don’t we all want fantastic but cheap party supplies – sometimes its when our finances are tight, and other times its when we want to spend more of our party budget on other things. Today’s guest blogger Laura from Thrifty Homemaking shares a few ideas on how she finds cheap supplies for her parties.
There’s no need to spend a fortune to throw an incredible party. Don’t bother hitting those big party supply stores. The dollar store has a huge selection of party supplies for only $1!
And if you can’t find what you need, they have a website you can check out and order the supplies you need sent straight to your door.
Here’s a glimpse at what you will find for your party at the dollar store:
- Paper plates (full size and dessert): These usually come in packs of eight and they have lots of different colors to choose from.
- Utensils & Cups: You will also find plastic utensils and cups to buy, in a matching or coordinating color from your plates!
- Table cloths: Don’t spend more than a dollar on your party table cloths! Something will undoubtedly get spilled on them. Instead of trying to remove the stain, you can simply toss them after the party.
- Decorations: You can find rolls of streamers in many colorful varieties, balloons, and other fun items at the dollar store that will give your party venue a fun look.
- Favors: You can find favors for any sort of party at the Dollar Tree. Throwing a kids’ birthday party? There is a big selection of toys to choose from. Housewarming party? You will find candles, kitchen utensils, and more. Baby or Bridal Shower? You can fill treat bags with candies to give to your guests.
These items are just a small sampling of what the dollar store has to offer. It depends on the time of year and location, but there is always a good selection of party supplies.
Whether you’re throwing a birthday party, housewarming, or other theme, you can find some great supplies for only one dollar! We even found some great items for my bridal shower and wedding!
So when you are shopping for your party, head to the dollar store first to get the best deals on all of your party supply needs!
About the Author
Laura is a newlywed and new home owner who loves to find new and creative ways to stretch a dollar. She shares her ideas on her blog thriftyhomemaking.com.
Did this information help you?
Do you know someone who would love to see this? Please share!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.