Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
Here are some fantastic mint chocolate and rice crispy brownies for St Patrick’s Day. A great party treat for all ages!
This amazing St Patrick’s Day recipe (and photos) are by Jenny Flake at Picky Palate. For complete step by step instructions with photos (and more incredible recipes) visit her blog.
Ingredients for St. Patrick’s Day Layered Brownies:
1 Brownie mix, 9×13 inch size
20 Grasshopper Cookies
6 oz Softened cream cheese
1 1/4 Cups mini marshmallows
5 Individually packaged krispy rice cereal bars
Butter Cream Frosting
1 Stick softened butter
2 Cups powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
Green Food Coloring, just a few drops
White Nonpareils (little icing balls for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions and pour half into bottom of 11×13 greased pan.
- Place Grasshopper cookies into a large zip top bag and crush with a rolling pin until finely crushed. In a bowl and mix with cream cheese. Place dollops evenly over brownie layer.
- Top evenly with marshmallows.
- Unwrap each krispy rice cereal bar and cut each into small squares. Put over marshmallow layer then pour remaining brownie mix over top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool completely.
- For frosting beat butter, powdered sugar and milk until well combined.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring into frosting to get a nice light green color.
- Frost brownies and sprinkle with white nonpareils if desired. Cut squares and serve.
Makes 12 large brownies
Did you find this information helpful?
We offer a free service that emails our new articles directly to your inbox so you won’t miss a thing.