Recipe Type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Tex Mex
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Homestyle Slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- bamboo skewers
- Salt, pepper & paprika to taste
- In large bowl toss Simply Potatoes with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil; coat well.
- In small bowl stir together salt, chili powder and sugar.
- Sprinkle spice mixture over potatoes; toss to coat potatoes.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add Simply Potatoes, in single layer on bottom of skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, 5 to 6 minutes, or until potatoes begin to brown.
- Turn potatoes; continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and tender.
- Fill 4 small bowls to top with potatoes slices.
- Fry eggs and place on on top of each bowl of potato slices. Sprinkle with salt, pepper & paprika to taste.
- Put skewer through each slice of bacon, put on paper towel on plate and microwave on high until crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Stand each skewered bacon slice on one bowl of potato and egg for an appetizer appeal.
If you would like to make the pub fries from scratch, try Martha Stewart’s recipe.
This is a spicy wake-up call that is just like a morning appetizer.