Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
Your Spicy Wake Up Call!
Looking for that amazing breakfast recipe to serve to your adult friends?
This is it!
It’s easy to make, but they will be impressed.
It’s a spicy breakfast tapas they’ll never forget!
If you want to go for the gold, make the pub fries from scratch with Martha Stewart’s recipe.
Spicy Breakfast Tapas
- 1 pkg Simply Potatoes® Homestyle Slices
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 bamboo skewers
- salt, pepper, paprika to taste
- In large bowl toss Simply Potatoes with 1 tablespoon of oil; coat well.
- In small bowl stir together salt, chili powder and sugar.
- Sprinkle spice mixture over potatoes; toss to coat potatoes.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add Simply Potatoes, in single layer on bottom of skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, 5 to 6 minutes, or until potatoes begin to brown.
- Turn potatoes; continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and tender.
- Fill 4 small bowls to top with potatoes slices.
- Fry eggs and place on on top of each bowl of potato slices. Sprinkle with salt, pepper & paprika to taste.
- Put skewer through each slice of bacon, put on paper towel on plate and microwave on high until crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Stand each skewered bacon slice on one bowl of potato and egg for an appetizer appeal.