Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
Looking for a cupcake for your man? Want a salty-sweet treat? Try these delectable bacon maple cupcakes. They disappear as fast as you can make them. Go well with your favorite American craft-brewed stout beer.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or regular milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Canadian maple syrup
- 5 strips Applewood bacon, cooked and chopped
- 6 strips thick slice Applewood bacon, quartered
- 2 sticks/1 cup unsalted softened butter
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 24 cupcake cups with liners.
- Place cake mix, pudding mix, oil, sour cream, buttermilk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, maple syrup and chopped bacon into stand mixer. Beat until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Scoop batter into lined cups 3/4 full. Bake for 25 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool completely.
- While cupcakes are cooling, place butter into stand mixer and beat until creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar until you have peaks. Stir in maple extract, cinnamon, and milk until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes and top with quartered bacon slice.
Did you already share this? No? Here's another chance!
Subscribe today & don't miss a thing!
Once a week we'll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.