Subscribe today & don’t miss a thing!
Once a week we’ll tell you the upcoming daily celebrations & the articles you may have missed.
Why should you clean makeup brushes?
The most important reason for cleaning makeup brushes is to keep bacteria from getting on your skin and causing breakouts.
It’s also important to prevent product buildup because then it doesn’t blend properly.
Regular cleansing of makeup brushes will extend the life of the brush.
How often should you clean your makeup brushes?
- foundation and concealer brushes should be cleaned once a week to prevent buildup
- brushes used for eye makeup should be cleaned twice a month
- all other brushes can be cleaned once a month
How to clean makeup brushes.
1. Put a little liquid hand soap or makeup cleansing shampoo into your palm.
2. Swirl the tip of the brush in the center of your palm.
3. Rinse hand and then swirl the tip of the brush in your hand under running water. Ensure that the water doesn’t wet the handle or metal part because it can cause the glue to release the bristles and they can shed while you are using the brush.
4. Gently squeeze out the bristles from the handle down to the tip.
5. Repeat until the water running from bristles is clear.
6. Check bristles to ensure that all soap has been removed.
7. Squeeze dry from handle to tip in a towel.
8. Shake gently to reshape the head of the brush then lay flat on counter to dry, with bristles over the edge of the counter to keep their shape.
Did you like this? Maybe you’ll also enjoy this:
Want more, more often?
Subscribe to get more beauty ideas in your inbox.
Inspiration to be your best & put more play in your day.
Unsubscribe at any time.